Year 7 Catch -Up Pupil Premium
Plumstead Manor School was allocated £18,000 in funding as part of the Year 7 Catch Up Premium Funding Initiative for 2017 - 2018.
44 students from the current cohort achieved a KS2 Scaled Score below 100 in 2017.
Spending of the Year 7 Catch Up funding in 2017-18 included:
- Provision of dedicated 'nurture' classes with a very high teacher: student ratio in English and Maths
- Students in English 'nurture' groups benefit from 4 English lessons a week
- 1:2:1 LSA support in class for identified students
- Specialist Dyslexia trained staff.
- 1:2:1 and small group Literacy intervention and numeracy intervention based on strategies identified in the EEF Toolkit as impactful (Catch Up Literacy and Catch Up Numeracy).
- A full time Librarian has been appointed to ensure the Library is bookable by English teachers during lessons to support Literacy
- Library is stocked with a large number of accessible reading books to support Literacy interventions
- Library is open after school for reading support and homework club
- Homework Clubs with LSA support for students
- Tracking of impact of interventions that has led to comprehension support to ensure impact in lessons
To download a copy of the above report click here